My Playlist =)

Photos from the past~

AlvinLvK's Photobucket album on Photobucket

Friday, February 1, 2013

First 2013 spotting movement...

Hey!
Before I start a topic of my return trip back to KK, just want to share some of my recent spotting experiences for year 2013.
So not too long ago, my aviation friend, Mike a.k.a 'future pilot' (haha! sorry mike, if you saw this =P) just came back from Langkawi, since he's having a term-break after the exam in his flying academy. I think it's pretty hard for me to meet him nowadays, due to his busy schedule/classes for the whole year. Anyways, we did hang out for 'yam-cha', chit-chat a bit about his school life etc. and yes! we also went for some aircraft spotting during this time. We planned to spot during the 1st day of 2013, for MH A330-300, but unfortunately he was not able to attend this 'gathering'. It's okay then, haha...

01 JANUARY 2013
As usual, I still made my way to a place called 'Jalan Selangor', the place where we used to spot planes around, which located at Tanjung Aru Beach 3.
the red circle is the location! I think it's currently the nearest location from the runway for us to spot.

Due to cloudy weather + already been raining for the whole day, only a few spotters were shown up at the usual place. Among them were spotter Samuel Wong and his dad, Uncle Lee, that's all ! haha...(and me as well >< ) 
Okay I think it's time for me to show some 'catches' of the day...thanks to Samuel for borrowing me his 55-250mm lens, or else I think I wouldn't be able to snap photos like these! Cheers!

 First to kick start with AK's normal livery, wearing a registration '9M-AFZ', heading to Hong Kong as flight AK1645.
this one is captured during 'his' take off roll...now you know how powerful is the CFM engine used by AK's A320, just look at those heat wave!

and MasWings super early rotate

and finally the main dish of the day! Malaysia Airlines newest A330-300 '9M-MTJ' operating an extra flight, heading back to Kuala Lumpur
lucky for the passengers on-board ...!
let's move on to the 2nd spotting of the year...

06 JANUARY 2013
I was invited by other BKI aircraft spotters, for a special gathering, and the location is still the same- Jalan Selangor. Traffics for today wasn't that special, only the old a330 which arrived at early evening later. So, as I was surfing flightradar24.com, suddenly the appearance of one aircraft around KUL airspace caught my attention....it was 9M-AFP! An Airasia's A320-216, wearing the latest one Malaysia livery, was on the way to Kota Kinabalu as flight AK5104! 
2 options for me: 
1) Go for this 'one Malaysia' aircraft, missed out the spotters' gathering at 4pm
2) Missed out this 'one Malaysia' aircraft, go for the spotters' gathering
after my consideration, I think I will go for the 'one Malaysia' aircraft spotting session ! (sorry guys! ><) Ok that's it! Pack my DSLR, bring a ladder, and after having my lunch, airport time! 
Reached Jln. Selangor, and the first thing I saw was, a blue tent, a man up on a ladder, and a Proton. Yes, he is Uncle Lee, one of the spotters here, with many years of spotting experiences. Surprisingly, he also came for the 'one Malaysia' aircraft!
While waiting for 9M-AFP, I managed to spot this pretty new aircraft. 9M-MLQ heading to KUL as flight  MH2607

and no longer after that, spotter Michael (the guy standing on his car) and Waiping bro (the guy in red shirt) have arrived too...hardcore enough huh? haha....

and finally, around 1.35pm, the aircraft from KUL safely landed. Also 'her' first touch down in BKI for 2013. This aircraft used to wear the oldest special livery for Airasia, which was the 'Amazing' livery.
9M-AFP (2013)
BEFORE...captured during October 2012
9M-AFP (2007-2012)

Anyways, some side dishes while waiting for 'her' departure....
another Airasia special livery! 'Expedia' , 9M-AFG. This aircraft was based in BKI during that time. Seen here heading to Sandakan. It's really awesome that you can watch the plane rotate in front of you, with the new extended runway. 
and very unexpectedly, I just received a message from my friend, and he told me that this aircraft just suffered a tail strike few days ago during 'her' departure at Langkawi ! I was shocked the moment I heard this news. Parts of the body (Tail) was seriously damaged in this incident. Hope it's all fine over there.



like what I said, traffic was quite boring on that day, nothing much to spot during that period. 25 minutes later, the aircraft was ready for departure (yay! finally...) rolling down to runway 02 and WOOSHHH....!
back to her hometown KUL again....see you next time !

That's all for my current updates. Thanks for reading and cheers ! =D









No comments:

Post a Comment